Monday, July 5, 2010

Printing with artists!

These past two weeks have been packed full with activities. The last two weeks I worked with Kathy in printing two different artists work. One artist was David Collins. His work was about place and time and he was able to make his prints look like collages, when they were just ink on paper. He did mainly mono prints and had many different elements to them. He worked fast and pumped out many prints. I loved that he used long and thin rectangular paper, this size paper is my favorite to work with.

The second artist I worked with was from Japan named Madori Curtis. Her work involved, etching, collagraph, chine colle, and another techniques that I have never seen and I believe she made up. She would ink up pieces of plastic and put them directly on the print only after the second time through to create depth with another element of color. Her work was about music and each print contained calligraphy from and ancient Japanese book.

These past two weeks have been great I have leaned a lot about the possibilities of printmaking and the different ways you can addition a print. I am leaning about artists proofs, original prints and additions of that print as well as an archiving system.

No comments:

Post a Comment