Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wyndham Worldwide!

Three days a week I work at Wyndham Worldwide. This is a large hospitality company located in NJ. At Wyndham I am an interior design intern. This is an amazing place to work, everyone is welcoming and enthusiastic about what they do. The building I work in is fantastic, the whole building is green from the bottom up. Green as in good for the environment. The second I started working I have been given a lot of responsibilities and I have leaned a lot. So far I have been involved in choosing furniture, lighting, fabrics and carpet for various hotel brands that we are working on. I am also responsible for talking to vendors and setting up times for them to come in, meet with me and the other designers and update the library. In three weeks I have been exposed to many different vendors and I have spent time with them and learned about their products, how they are made, how much they cost and if they are made in the US or internationally. Every Tuesday we have a lunch and learn where vendors get a chance to come to the office to sell us their products. They give us samples of what they can do as far as lighting, carpeting, window treatments, plumbing and anything else that is involved in creating a hotel room. I have also been able to attend a few board meetings and listen in and learn about the different brands.


I have a few upcoming projects that I will be responsible for. First I need to archive some of the materials and information that we have on our brands. Second I will be working with other employees to update spreadsheets about certain brands and what they are required to have in each guest room.


Being an intern here at Wyndham is great, they set up opportunities for us each week to be involved in the company. We have met with leaders of the company and have learned their roles. I have learned so much, not only about interior design but about many other jobs here at Wyndham.

No comments:

Post a Comment