Thursday, June 17, 2010

NYC Printmaking!

My other internship is in NYC and I am working with a master printmaker named Kathy Caraccio. She is extremely talented and I have leaned a lot about printmaking and all of the different techniques. I have learned about viscosity and how to use xeroxing in printmaking. These are two techniques that I plan to use when I return to school.


I work three days a week in NJ at the interior design internship and one to two days a week with Kathy at her studio. You can visit her website at www.kcaraccio.com. The first day I catalogued about 200 prints from a single artist, alphabetized them all, and stored them in the studio. It is great to work hands on with artists work and hear the stories about how they came to make these prints and where their ideas stem from. It is very inspiring.


Tomorrow I am going to work with Kathy and one of her artists who is going to come in and do some printmaking. This should be great! I am very excited to see her work.

3 comments:

  1. What kind of prints does Kathy do? Or is it a mix of many techniques?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good posts on the blog! I really get a sense of what you are doing in your internships from what you've written. It might be good if you could put some pictures up, if you have, any of the places you're working at and what you've been working on. I would suggest another two or three posts just to keep us updated on all that you're doing this summer.

    Keep up the good work Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a master printmaker and specializes in viscosity and studied Janpanese wood blot printing (water based)! Viscosity is really interesting and I can not wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete